August 24th, 2014. The RealOpInsight Team announced the immediate availability of RealOpInsight Workstation 3.0.5 and RealOpInsight Ultimate 2014b4. These maintenance releases bring several major bug fixes and enhancement described hereafter:
- Fixed ticket #41 when chart is not well updated with Livestatus backend
- Fixed version display in welcome message
- Use UTF8 as default character encoding system for Livestatus backend
- Now retrieve data from Livestatus basing JSON format. Fixes problem with line breaks in message details. See ticket #43.
Again, we thank our users for their feedback.
August 15th, 2014. The RealOpInsight Team is happy to announce RealOpInsight Workstation 3.0.4, an anticipated release regarding the latest stable release, which brings major changes and bug fixes on the RealOpInsight Editor. This release focuses on providing advanced search and filtering capabilities to ease the way of setting data points for large and middle size monitoring environments. See the release notes for detailed list of changes.
August 10th, 2014. As announced a week ago, we’re proud, after several months of enhancements, bug fixes, and tests, to announce RealOpInsight Ultimate 2014b3. This new release of our flagship software in managing dashboards in business-centric, distributed and heterogeneous IT monitoring environments, comes with significant changes compared against the latest beta:
- Added support to LDAP users in authentication, user management, and view access control. This feature, highly demanded by users, is a real breakthrough enhancement for the integration of RealOpInsight Ultimate within existing IT environments. Designed in the same spirit as the overall RealOpInsight system, the support to LDAP is designed to be flexible while making its use as straightforward as possible.
- Integration of recent changes in the core framework, this includes changes in v3.0.1, v3.0.2, v3.0.3 and other misc fixes.
- Changed the version scheme of RealOpInsight Ultimate. Instead of following the Workstation edition versioning scheme as the last two beta (3.0.0b1 and 3.0.0b2), the version scheme now depends on the release year. That’s why this version is noted 2014b3.
- Downloads are available either as OVA appliance or as update patch (applicable for appliances v3.0.0b2 and v3.0.0b2). With the update patch, users are not required to download and reinstall the whole appliance stack, just download and apply the patch.
Other details are available in the release notes. We hope that users will really enjoy this release.
August 3rd, 2014. We, at RealOpInsight Labs, are very happy to announce new releases of RealOpInsight Workstation, one of our flagship products for managing dashboards in business-centric operations environments. Details about changes are described below.
Before that, we would like to mention that all this work would not have been be possible without the commitment of our users. We thank you all for your bug report, comments and feedback.
Notable changes of this release include:
- Fixed ticket #31 adding the ability from the editor to import data points from networked Livestatus endpoints. This feature complements the existing capabilities to import data points from Zabbix, Zenoss and from Nagios status file.
- Rewrite in the Livestatus backend using native socket for simplification and performance improvements.
- Fixed ticket #35 related to date display with Livestatus backend.
- Fixed ticket #35 related to dashboard refreshing in RealOpInsight Workstation.
- Fix ticket #36 related to the computation of average severity. Graph-based traversal algorithms were introduced to improve the performance as well as the accuracy of severities computation.
New RealOpInsight Ultimate Release in the Corner
Following these changes and other recent changes in the RealOpInsight core framework, we’re also working on a new version of RealOpInsight Ultimate that’ll be available to download in the next few days. This release, expected since a while by users, will include a highly-demanded feature: the support to LDAP authentication. Designed in the same spirit as the overall RealOpInsight system, the support to LDAP is designed to be flexible while making its use as straightforward as possible. We hope that RealOpInsight Ultimate users will really enjoy it.
The RealOpInsight Team.