We’re pleased to announce oneInsight, a visualization addon for OpenNebula that allows users to have at-a-glance, an insight of the load of managed hosts. It provides various kinds of load mappings, that currently include the following metrics:
- CPU used by OpenNebula-managed virtual machines;
- Memory used by managed virtual machines;
- Effective CPU used by all system processes, including processes outside of managed virtual machines;
- Effective memory used by all system processes.
Here is a screenshot showing an overview of CPU used.
oneInsight enables many benefits, as well for cloud operators than for business managers:
- Provides a simple and comprehensible load charting that allows you to have at-a-glance an accurate insight on how servers are loaded, so to let you plan migrations and capacity upgrading if necessary;
- Provides, via tooltip and popup, details about each server in zero or one click;
- High class visualization that saves you from command line output;
About the Contribution
oneInsight is a new project, and there is a lot of things concerning data visualization in OpenNebula. Contributors are welcome, we apply the Github Pull Request model for contributions in code and documentation.
On behalf of RealOpInsight Labs,