August 24th, 2014. The RealOpInsight Team announced the immediate availability of RealOpInsight Workstation 3.0.5 and RealOpInsight Ultimate 2014b4. These maintenance releases bring several major bug fixes and enhancement described hereafter:
- Fixed ticket #41 when chart is not well updated with Livestatus backend
- Fixed version display in welcome message
- Use UTF8 as default character encoding system for Livestatus backend
- Now retrieve data from Livestatus basing JSON format. Fixes problem with line breaks in message details. See ticket #43.
Again, we thank our users for their feedback.
August 15th, 2014. The RealOpInsight Team is happy to announce RealOpInsight Workstation 3.0.4, an anticipated release regarding the latest stable release, which brings major changes and bug fixes on the RealOpInsight Editor. This release focuses on providing advanced search and filtering capabilities to ease the way of setting data points for large and middle size monitoring environments. See the release notes for detailed list of changes.
August 10th, 2014. As announced a week ago, we're proud, after several months of enhancements, bug fixes, and tests, to announce RealOpInsight Ultimate 2014b3. This new release of our flagship software in managing dashboards in business-centric, distributed and heterogeneous IT monitoring environments, comes with significant changes compared against the latest beta:
- Added support to LDAP users in authentication, user management, and view access control. This feature, highly demanded by users, is a real breakthrough enhancement for the integration of RealOpInsight Ultimate within existing IT environments. Designed in the same spirit as the overall RealOpInsight system, the support to LDAP is designed to be flexible while making its use as straightforward as possible.
- Integration of recent changes in the core framework, this includes changes in v3.0.1, v3.0.2, v3.0.3 and other misc fixes.
- Changed the version scheme of RealOpInsight Ultimate. Instead of following the Workstation edition versioning scheme as the last two beta (3.0.0b1 and 3.0.0b2), the version scheme now depends on the release year. That's why this version is noted 2014b3.
- Downloads are available either as OVA appliance or as update patch (applicable for appliances v3.0.0b2 and v3.0.0b2). With the update patch, users are not required to download and reinstall the whole appliance stack, just download and apply the patch.
Other details are available in the release notes. We hope that users will really enjoy this release.
August 3rd, 2014. We, at RealOpInsight Labs, are very happy to announce new releases of RealOpInsight Workstation, one of our flagship products for managing dashboards in business-centric operations environments. Details about changes are described below.
Before that, we would like to mention that all this work would not have been be possible without the commitment of our users. We thank you all for your bug report, comments and feedback.
Notable changes of this release include:
- Fixed ticket #31 adding the ability from the editor to import data points from networked Livestatus endpoints. This feature complements the existing capabilities to import data points from Zabbix, Zenoss and from Nagios status file.
- Rewrite in the Livestatus backend using native socket for simplification and performance improvements.
- Fixed ticket #35 related to date display with Livestatus backend.
- Fixed ticket #35 related to dashboard refreshing in RealOpInsight Workstation.
- Fix ticket #36 related to the computation of average severity. Graph-based traversal algorithms were introduced to improve the performance as well as the accuracy of severities computation.
New RealOpInsight Ultimate Release in the Corner
Following these changes and other recent changes in the RealOpInsight core framework, we're also working on a new version of RealOpInsight Ultimate that'll be available to download in the next few days. This release, expected since a while by users, will include a highly-demanded feature: the support to LDAP authentication. Designed in the same spirit as the overall RealOpInsight system, the support to LDAP is designed to be flexible while making its use as straightforward as possible. We hope that RealOpInsight Ultimate users will really enjoy it.
The RealOpInsight Team.
June 24th, 2014. RealOpInsight Labs, a leading open-source player in designed lmultisource business service monitoring systems announced the maintenance release RealOpInsight Workstation 3.0.2. This release fixes two major bugs as described below:
- Fixed editor crash on native check service deletion (ticket #28)
- Fixed missing librairies in Windows binaries causing fail on Windows plugin loading (ticket #29)
As we encourage contributions, we’re pleased to announce that we just started migrating our code repositories to Github. This important decision for our project is intended to facilitate the contribution process, knowing that many developers are now familiar with the Github pull-request contribution model.
You’ll find our repositories through our Github project home: https://github.com/RealOpInsightLabs. All our projects and documentation resources are not yet moved to there, but we’re working on that.
Enjoy, and don’t hesitate to fork, or give a star to your favorite repository !
Last week, we released the version 3.0.1 of RealOpInsight Workstation with a highly user-demanded feature: the ability to import data points (Zabbix triggers, Nagios checks, Zenoss components) from monitors to the RealOpInsight Editor. The aim being to ease the edition of description files by enabling the ability to set data points through a selection list, thereby avoiding the typing complexity and the related typo errors.
As usual this feature is fully documented, you’ll find appropriated resources in the RealOpInsight Editor user’s manual. In this article, we aim to present a concrete tutorial showing the importation of Zabbix triggers as data points into the RealOpInsight Editor. You’ll find below a step-by-step guide with screenshot illustrations.
May 31st, 2014. The RealOpInsight Team is pleased to announce RealOpInsight Workstation 3.0.1. This release brings bug fixes while enabling a significant enhancement on the Editor. This enhancement, highly requested by our users, concerns the ability to automatically import Zabbix triggers and Zenoss components within the Editor. Supplementing the existing ability to import Nagios checks from status file, this feature simplifies the edition of description files while minimizing typo errors. Now in two clicks users would be able to select data points using a selection list.
May 14th, 2014. After many weeks of testing, the RealOpInsight Team is proud to announce the final release of RealOpInsight Workstation 3.0.0. Codenamed
Eliana, this release introduces important changes and bug fixes regarding the beta release. See the release notes.
As usual, downloads are available as source tarballs and binaries for Windows and many Linux distributions including Debian, openSUSE and Fedora.
Moreover, still in goal to always simplify the installation of our products, we're also pleased to announce the immediate availability of installation repositories for Fedora and openSUSE. Other repositories will come soon.
We hope that our users will really enjoy this release that took us several months of hard work
08/04: Announcing oneInsight
We're pleased to announce oneInsight, a visualization addon for OpenNebula that allows users to have at-a-glance, an insight of the load of managed hosts. It provides various kinds of load mappings, that currently include the following metrics:
- CPU used by OpenNebula-managed virtual machines;
- Memory used by managed virtual machines;
- Effective CPU used by all system processes, including processes outside of managed virtual machines;
- Effective memory used by all system processes.
Here is a screenshot showing an overview of CPU used.
oneInsight enables many benefits, as well for cloud operators than for business managers:
- Provides a simple and comprehensible load charting that allows you to have at-a-glance an accurate insight on how servers are loaded, so to let you plan migrations and capacity upgrading if necessary;
- Provides, via tooltip and popup, details about each server in zero or one click;
- High class visualization that saves you from command line output;
About the Contribution
oneInsight is a new project, and there is a lot of things concerning data visualization in OpenNebula. Contributors are welcome, we apply the Github Pull Request model for contributions in code and documentation.
On behalf of RealOpInsight Labs,