We are please to announce the first bug fix release of RealOpInsight v2.4.0. Here is the list of changes :
- Fixed issue #22 : Operations Console doesn't update the status of triggers with Zabbix API v1.4 (Zabbix 2.0.x, x<5);
- Fixed close button on change password and preference windows (issue #24);
Enjoy and send feedback.
The NGRT4N Team
We're proud to announce the final release of RealOpInsigt 2.4.0.
Since the first beta released early in August, many bugs have been fixed and the software is now stable for production. See the release notes for the complete list of changes, or see here for download.
We are please to announce the immediate availability of the second beta of RealOpInsight 2.4.0 (Foederare). This release brings bug fixes and more stabilization for the 1st beta. Here is the complete list of changes:
- Fixed ticket #16 adding support for realm authentication within the browser;
- Fixed ticket #17 while the loaded file path is missing in the title of the Operations Console window;
- Fixed ticket #18 adding the possibility to select the source to load within the browser
- Added more logos and icons for monitors
As promised, with a few delay, we're proud to announce the immediate availability of the beta version of RealOpInsight 2.4.0. Codenamed Foederare (Federator in Latin), this release targets distributed monitoring environments by bringing - among others new features and enhancements - the possibility to deal with business service views based on homogeneous/heterogeneous distributed monitoring servers. You can have business service views that rely on probes managed by Nagios, Zabbix, Zenoss, Icinga, and any other RealOpInsight-compatible monitoring system simultaneously. See the release notes for details about changes. Downloads are available at the same place.
While monitoring was becoming a requirement of IT infrastructures, the last two decades has been marked by the emerging of a huge ecosystem of monitoring tools (both proprietary and open source). A recent study from Forrester Research for Zenoss company shows that a lot of companies use many monitoring tools simultaneously. And since each tool is siloed and can't cooperate with others, this leads to a major impediment to productivity.
A good solution to this problem requires converging tools allowing (i)to make the different tools cooperating, while (ii)providing unified dashboards that will enable IT staff to have an end-to-end view on the healthy of infrastructures.
Visionnaries, we at NGRT4N Project are ahead concerning these problematics. RealOpInsight is today the only real solution designed to focus on business services instead of wasting time on false/irrelevant alterts. And that's not all. We are taking another step ahead with the version 2.4 of the software. This release will enable dashboards able to gather information from multiple homogeneous or heterogeneous monitoring systems simultaneously. See the architecture on figure below. Nagios, Zabbix, Zenoss, Shinken, Centreon and GroundWork are few of the supported systems. Each dashboard can deal with up to 10 sources in parallel.
Stay tuned, here we are already working on the future of IT management!
We'll give a talk during the next Free Software Meeting that will take place at Solbosch Campus in Brusells from 05 July 2013.
The talk is scheduled on Wednesday 10 July, 11:00 AM at the Room H 2214. After the talk, It would be a pleasure to meet you to share some coffee while talking open source and/or IT monitoring.
See you in Brussels!
Rodrigue Chakode, the author of RealOpInsight, will talk about the project at HumanTalks in Lyon on Tuesday June 11, 2013 at 19:00. See here (in french) for more details.
The event will take place at this address , come to discuss with us and just to say hello
After a couple of months of testing, we are proud to announce the immediate availability of RealOpInsight 2.3.0 (Briator). This release brings minor changes from the beta version. Binary packages are available for Windows and Linux. Note the availability of packages for the latest openSUSE 12.3 and Fedora 18 releases.
We are proud to announce that the beta version of RealOpInsight 2.3.0 is out. This release, codenamed Briator, includes as usual several new features as well as many enhancements. Among others, the enhancements include the support for copy/paste within the Editor, a better integration with Shinken and the other Nagios-based systems thanks to Livestatus, French Translations, more icons, etc.
Here is the complete list of changes:
- Added support for Livestatus API (Shinken Livestatus API or MK Livestatus over the network). Thanks to @naparuba (the creator of Shinken) and F. Mikus for their valuable feedback.
- French translations. Works with locale settings.
- Support full screen mode
- Trouble messages filtering menu
- Support for font adjustment on the Message Console
- Added support for copy/paste within the Editor. Thanks to R. Hau for his feedback.
- More menu shortcuts on toolbar and on context menus
- Added new item icons
- Added validator for the Port field
- Make the IDs of data points case insensitive
- Minor bug fixes
Downloads are available as source tarball or binary packages for Windows right now.
Donwload Page: http://realopinsight.com/en/index.php?page=download-lastrel
Enjoy it, and don't hesitate to send us feedback.
As RealOpInsight 2.3.0 comes closer (scheduled for the beginning of April), we would like to invite you to contribute for translating the software in your favorite language. Without being limited to, we hope to cover the following languages:
- English : OK
- French : OK
- German: TODO
- Portuguese: TODO
- Italian: TODO
- Spanish: TODO
- Polish: TODO
If your favorite language is missing in the list, you can write us to request for the translation.
Translating is straightforward thanks to Qt Linguist, a friendly and intuitive GUI tool.
So are you interested in translating RealOpInsight in a your favorite language ?
- Click here to request for a translation. Make sure you indicate the language.
- Then we'll send back an email with the translation file and other useful information for the translation. Each translation file is comprised of about 180 entries, with one or more words per entry.
- After you have finished translating the entries, send us back the translated file.
- After verification, the translations will be included in the software.
- Deadline for translations is 7th of Avril 21:59am GMT.
To promote your collaboration, the names of contributors will be listed in our web site and in the THANKS file of RealOpInsight.
Thanks in advance for your collaboration!